LNBits it’s an amazing app that is adding a suite of features to Umbrel node and users can adapt to their needs. This app is using the node liquidity (onchain and LN) and is adding a separate database for management. You can use it for multiple wallets, as a LNDhub or specific usage for merchants, content creators, web content, LN ATMs and many others.
- LNBits.com – Public testing instance
- LNBits.org – More info and download source
- Github page – participate on open source code
- LNBits Youtube channel – with demos and tutorials
- LNBits Telegram Group – where you can get more help directly from developers
- This Umbrel app works only behind Tor, so any extension you add/use/create QRs, you will need to use it from the .onion address provided. Do not share this onion address!
- If you want to use it on clearnet, here is an amazing guide to follow.
- Once you open/create a new LNBits wallet, save that address link into your bookmarks. There’s no other way (for the moment) to recover that wallet or login again. The address contain the key to the wallet. Do not share this address!
- LNBits is still beta phase, so take that in consideration and do not use it in “production” scenario.
Functionalities – extensions
From app extensions we mention:
- LNurl-pay – a simple way to have a static non-expiring LN QR code for receiving
- LNurl-withdraw – nice way to create vouchers loaded with sats and others can just scan and withdraw to their LN wallets
- TPoS – virtual LN PoS for small shops
- LNDHub – create various LND wallets, for family, employees, customers with different levels of access
- DJ Livestream – create your own jukebox paid with sats
- SatsPayServer – extension to create onchain and LN charges
- Offline Shop – Receive payments for products offline
- Events – Sell and register event tickets
- Captcha – Create captcha to stop spam, paid with sats
- Paywall – Create paywalls for content
- Subdomains – Sell subdomains of your domain
- Support tickets – LN support ticket system
- Watch only – Add your cold wallets in watch-only mode with total privacy and security
- User Manager – Generate users and wallets
- Bleskomat – Connect a Bleskomat LN ATM to an lnbits.
And many more extensions to come!
This is just an example of how to connect LNbits wallet, for more using examples please consult LNBits Youtube channel
- Install in Umbrel the app LNBits. This will activate the option to create various LN wallets on your node, that can be linked using lndhub connection.
- Create a wallet in your LNbits module, activate the LNDHUB extension and link it to that LNbits wallet. Use the onion address for this procedure, NOT the local IP or umbrel.local. The wallet have to be visible over internet and the only way is through Tor.
- Save in your bookmarks that wallet address, because is the only way to open it again, the link contain the key to the wallet. New LNbits releases will have a login/authentification page, but for the moment save that wallet link.
- Open your Bluewallet, go to add wallet, click import and scan the QR code displayed on your LNbits LNDHUB. You have two options: as admin (full rights over the wallet) or invoicing only (limited rights only for creating invoices).
- REMEMBER: Use Bluewallet under Tor service otherwise will not read that QR code. See more details here.
- Done. Now you can use that wallet as a normal LN wallet in Bluewallet, no need for opening channels etc it’s all linked with your LN node, so it depends of your node liquidity. This is a good option if you have a small shop with employees that can charge using LN, without having full permissions to your node.
This post will be updated with more content, based on new features or additional information is required.
NOTE: If you have issues or want to add something in regards of this guide, you are welcome to Umbrel Community Forum where you can find even more guides, procedures, discussions and many people that can help.