What is a “full node”? – Here you have the answer.
Why is it necessary to have a “full node”? – Here you have the answer.
Tor Only – Bitcoin and Lightning nodes – by Jameson Lopp
A great guide about node boxes made by Ministry of Nodes, here.
We present a series of tools and guides on how and with what you can have your own Bitcoin node.
- Umbrel – a very simple way to build your own BTC / LN node, no advanced technical knowledge required.
- NODL – Plug’n’Play BTC node
- here a series of videos about NODL
- myNodeBTC – a complete machine with many functionalities, you can buy the machine already installed or you can download the software and build it yourself with your own hardware.
- here is an excellent video tutorial about myNodeBTC
- RaspiBlitz – minimalistic setup, but very good to start. Recommended to use RaspPi 4, 8GB RAM.
- Lightning In a Box – various types of devices for BTC nodes, Plug’n’Play
- Embassy – small node but powerful node
- DIY nodes – nice RaspPi based machines ready to go.
- Dojo – a machine designed to be used with your Samourai wallets and as a full node
- Casa – build your own Casa Node
- BitcoinPOS – Plug&Play small machines ready to use in shops
- GreenLight – Blockstream Hosted LN node, simple, fast, free
- Voltage – Hosted LN nodes, paid service, here is a guide for 2 min setup node
- BTCPay Hosted Server – rent a BTCPay instance server from CoinCharge
- BTCPay Server – Software Payment Solution, that can be installed in any spare own machine you have
- Node Launcher – simple node on your ordinary PC
- Bitcoin Core – the original software, the Bitcoin base, full node, for various OS platforms
- Bitcoin node y LN node using Windows system
- Guide how to install a Bitcoin and LND node on a classic Linux machine
Also BEFORE starting with you own node, you should know more about (LN) Lightning Network node management: